Now that spring has arrived, it's time to think about how you can protect your gardens, properties, and landscaping with mulch! Luckily, Victory Gardens Inc. has multiple types of mulching that will satisfy both your functional and aesthetic needs. Whether you need just enough mulching for your lawn or you're in need of a source for wholesale mulch supply in PA, Victory Gardens Inc. should be your first call. The following are just a few of the many mulching types currently available for delivery, along with recommendations for usage.
● Black and brown dyed mulch - Perfectly colored to match any property, dyed mulching from Victory Gardens Inc. is triple shredded for the softest texture. Dyed mulch is perfect for when you want to add beauty and aesthetic value to a residential or commercial property. You won't have to worry about increasing your carbon footprint ether--Victory Garden Inc. only uses 100% eco-friendly dye!
● Premium bark mulch - When you purchase bark mulch from Victory Gardens Inc., you can rest with the peace of mind that comes along with knowing that you won't receive a product full of wood filler. Bark mulch is perfect for mulching steeper grades and banks because you won't have to worry about it slipping and sliding away once April's showers come in full swing. The mulching knits itself together, making it especially resistant to the elements and lawnmowers.
● Triple shred root blend. - A perfectly economical choice for larger mulching projects, the triple shred root blend is the most affordable mulching option from Victory Gardens Inc. Made from an organic blend of roots, this mulch boasts a beautiful and natural brown-red hue!
Whether you're in need of bulk mulch or garden soil in Doylestown PA, Victory Gardens Inc. is here to beautify your property this spring season! Give us a call at 215-395-9725 today to get started!
It might be hard to believe, but spring is right around the corner. If you’re interested in cultivating a beautiful garden this season, now is the time to get ready. At Victory Gardens, Inc., we provide customers with mulch, soil, and compost. We know that you’re excited for the change of seasons, and we’ve got a few helpful pointers to help get your garden ready for spring.
One of the first steps to consider when planning for your garden is gathering your supplies. You’ll want to have a few good shovels on hand as well as a rake. Clean off your tools with some soap and water. Then, get your gardening gloves out of the shed and prepare for some fun.
Spring is the time to break up all of the soil that’s been dormant through winter. Doing so will guarantee a more productive season for your garden. Loosening your soil before any planting is important because it allows you to remove any sort of rocks or roots that might get in the way of your planting.
You can use a garden shovel or fork to turn your soil when you have dry conditions. Try to remember not to turn your soil when it's wet because doing so will leave you with solid clods of earth. After you’ve broken up your soil, you can add your compost. Coat your garden with a half-inch, or even a full inch of compost layer. This compost will give your soil a fresh blast of nutrients that will increase its ability to absorb water and nourish seedlings.
Planning your garden is probably the most important part. Find out what zone you are in, and then determine which flowers and vegetables are best for your particular location. If you need ideas, you can always head to your local nursery and get a few recommendations from the experts. Many websites even have garden planning tools that you can try out to see what will work best at your home.
As a guide, think about planting so that you get blooms for all seasons. Mix perennials with annuals so that you keep a steady stream of color all year long. It’s also a good idea to think about planting based on height. This will ensure that taller plants don't block sunshine from the shorter ones.
For more information regarding spring garden preparation, contact us at 215-395-9725.
If you're a property manager or avid gardener, you know that mulching can help to keep your plants and flowers looking great and healthy all year-round. However, you might not like the look that traditional mulching brings to your property. If wood chip mulching or compost are ruining the style of your landscaping, dyed mulch made with water-based color can provide an aesthetically pleasing option that's better for the environment.
Dyed mulches from Victory Gardens, Inc. provide a gorgeous complement to any garden or landscape, and can be contrasted against the color of your plants or flowers for a vibrant "pop" that adds curb appeal or catches the attention of customers or buyers. There are a number of methods that can be used to color mulch, but you'll want to ensure that your mulching is dyed using a water-based coloring. Water-based coloring is a natural option that will help ensure that the roots of your plants won't be poisoned with unnecessary acrylics or chemicals, and you won't have to worry about the effects that the coloring is having on your skin after working with mulch all day. Water-based dyes are also safer for surrounding plants and animals, making it a safer way to add a little color to the landscape.
You'll have to stay conscious and proactive if you want to keep your colored mulch looking bright. Because the coloring is water-based and thus soluble in conditions of rain and flooding, you should monitor the weather and lay your mulching when the forecast predicts clear skies for at least two days. For maximum color, you will also want to replace your mulching once a year, as the sun can cause color to fade throughout the changing seasons.
All of the dyed mulch from Victory Gardens, Inc. is created using a water-based dye, and are delivered right to your door or work site. If you're interested in learning more about the benefits of choosing mulch dyed the more natural way, give the team at Victory Gardens, Inc. a call today at 215-395-9725, or pay us a visit online at http://victorygardensinc.com/.
If you own or care for horses, you probably already know that these beautiful beasts require a lot of attention and care to be kept clean, healthy, and happy! What you might not already know is that Victory Gardens, Inc. does way more than land clearing and mulch delivery. Our team also provides a number of equine services that can help to keep your four-legged best friends feeling and looking better all year-round! Read on to learn more about three equine services that Victory Gardens can provide to you or your business:
● Horse park management. If you own a race track or other equine center, you know that keeping the horses’ stalls clean is a full-time job! Victory Gardens, Inc. can gather, store, and haul all waste, while also helping to ensure that the horses always have fresh bedding, making your job a little bit easier!
● Manure removal. Make 2018 the year that you worry a little less about piles of manure sitting around on your property with help from our team. Victory Gardens, Inc. offers a variety of container sizes to help remove all manure and waste from your property, and we even offer creative financing options to help you offset the cost!
● Cost-effective bedding options. Your horses need bedding, and Victory Gardens, Inc. is able to provide fresh and affordable sawdust options straight from our facilities. We offer both bagged and bulk products, so you won't have to worry about making more than one trip to get the bedding that you need.
Now is the perfect time to make 2018 your best, cleanest, and most well-managed year yet with a little help from Victory Gardens, Inc.! Give us a call today at 215-395-9725 to learn more about these and other equine services that our team can provide to you this year, or pay us a visit online at http://victorygardensinc.com/.
The winter season has officially arrived in Pennsylvania! If you've noticed that the temperature has started to drop, then your plants have, too. Mulching before or during the winter season can help to keep your property looking sharper when the spring season arrives and plants come out of dormancy. Here are three benefits of taking the time to schedule a mulch delivery in Bucks County, PA today!
● Mulching helps provide insulation. If you've used mulching in your garden before, then you probably already know one of the benefits that mulching provides is insulation from the burning summer sun. However, mulching also helps to keep out chilly winter weather as well, helping you minimize the damage to your soil due to ice and snow buildup.
● Mulching helps to retain moisture. Trees, shrubs, and other permanent plantings can face a difficult time getting water to their roots when the ground is covered in a layer of ice during the winter. Using mulching around larger plants helps absorb water from the snow, leaving them better hydrated.
● Late winter mulching helps prevent weed growth into spring. Adding one last layer of mulching right before the spring season arrives is recommended because it helps to curb weed growth. When you mulch, weed seeds have a more difficult time getting into the soil to germinate; you can take advantage of this and leave yourself with less work when it comes time to begin planting again!
Mulching in the winter is an affordable, practical, and smart way to help keep your garden safe from hard frosts and leave them looking sharper come spring. Companies providing wholesale mulch supply in PA like Victory Gardens, Inc. make it even easier to prepare your planting beds, trees, shrubs, and walkways for the coldest months of the year! Give our team a call today at 215-395-9725 to learn more!
No matter if you're a homeowner looking to make your garden or backyard sparkle this fall or if you're a business owner providing landscaping services, you probably already have first-hand experience when it comes to understanding the importance of mulching. Choosing the right mulch can mean the difference between a yard or job site that looks okay to one that looks fabulous, so taking the time to find the right supplier for your mulch is a smart idea. But did you know that your local company providing land clearing in New Jersey also likely sells mulch? It's true! Here are three good reasons to quit buying your mulch commercially and allow a land clearing service like Victory Gardens, Inc. to be your landscape suppliers in Montgomery County.
● It's all natural. When you buy mulch from a commercial store, it has likely been treated with pesticides and chemicals to help preserve its shelf life and last through the transportation process. When you make the local choice and buy it in bulk from us, you're much more likely to choose a product that has not been treated with harsh chemicals.
● It's more environmentally friendly. Purchasing mulch from a local land clearing company is more environmentally friendly because the materials from which the mulch is made (grubbed roots, trees, stumps, etc.) are removed from the land-clearing process anyway - so you won't need to worry about killing any extra trees with your mulching.
● It supports local businesses. When you purchase mulch at a large chain store, you're putting money into the pockets of an outsourced company. On the other hand, when you purchase mulch from a local land clearing company, you don't just get a more natural product - you also put money back into your own community.
Ready to make the more naturally, environmentally-friendly choice for your mulching needs? Give Victory Gardens, Inc. a call today at 215-395-9725 to learn more, or visit us online at http://victorygardensinc.com to view our current specials and find out which products are currently in stock. Here at Victory Gardens, Inc., our goal is to not only provide you with the garden supplies and services that you need but also to make the world a more beautiful place.
Are you looking for some simple and cost-effective ways to boost your property’s curb appeal this fall? The changing seasons are often a great time to think about making a few simple upgrades to your property that will have a positive impact on its aesthetic appeal. At Victory Gardens, Inc., we’ve got five tips to help you instantly boost the curb appeal of your property this fall season. Upping your property’s curb appeal makes it both easier to sell and nicer to look at, so it’s a win-win situation.
1. Spruce up your front door.
The entrance to your home is its focal point. You can make a bold statement by simply dressing up your front door with some fresh paint or even with a new custom installation. Think about small changes that make big differences, like polishing the door fixtures or replacing old knobs. A wreath made out of natural materials to bring out the color of your garden mulch is also a great idea. If you’re looking for landscape suppliers in Montgomery County, then count on Victory Gardens, Inc. We can supply you with mulch to suit a wide range of property upgrades.
2. Install some edging.
One of the best ways to upgrade the look of your property this fall is to install some edging. Don't use the cheap plastic material. Instead get ahold of some durable material such as fiberglass, aluminum or steel. Lay down the pattern that you want and then make an incision with the edging. Fill with a variety of natural stone that best matches the overall look of your property. At Victory Gardens, Inc., we supply homeowners and business owners with a wide range of landscaping materials to complete any edging project to perfection.
3. Create a flagstone wall.
Another quick and simple way to give your property a boost is by creating a flagstone wall. To do this, you'll need to dig a trench that’s a few inches deep and wide enough to accommodate your flagstones. Use pea gravel or sand for tamping and leveling, then lay out the flagstones to assess their size. Once you’ve selected the pieces you like, start stacking from smallest to largest. Backfill the space with gravel. If you need help with the design or with the construction, Victory Gardens, Inc. can help. We provide our customers with a wide range of cost-effective landscaping materials such as mulch, topsoil, and stone.
4. Make a tree surround.
Making a tree surround is yet another way to quickly boost your property’s curb appeal. Creating a tree surround will cut back on your mowing, and it will look great, too. All you need to do is dig a circular trench and add some sand, brick, stone or cement. At Victory Gardens, Inc., we’ve got a huge selection of stone that looks perfect when used for a tree surround.
5. Add a berm.
If you’ve got a relatively flat front lawn, adding a berm is a great way to boost your property's curb appeal. Berms are a simple way of adding a splash of color to your space by planting plants and trees. You can use stones to create your berm, as well. What’s nice about berms is that it has curves and roundness so that you can get creative with the design and backfill material. If you need help with land clearing in New Jersey or if you just need to buy some mulch for a home improvement project, stop in or all Victory Gardens, Inc., today.
If you own a plot of land that needs to be cleared, then you probably already know that the process isn't as easy as running a bulldozer over the plot of land and calling it a day. The best services that provide land clearing in Monmouth County, NJ, and other local areas, offer a host of land clearing services to make sure that the job is thoroughly done and ready to be constructed upon without environmental interruptions. Here are three services that you'll want to ensure that any service providing land clearing in Bucks County, PA offers before signing a contract:
● Clearing and cutting. One of the most significant services you'll need if you're preparing a lot for construction is the professional clearing of brush and cutting down of any trees that might have begun growing in the lot. Land clearing services use professionally heavy equipment to quickly and safely get the job done. You should not attempt to perform any kind of logging on your lot if you aren't a professional, as this carries a high risk of injury if performed by an amateur.
● Grubbing. "Grubbing" is a process that involves running a thick and specially designed rake over your property to pull up any leftover roots and small plants that were too small to be cleared away by the larger machinery. Grubbing processes are important because they clear out the leftover roots that can eventually sprout new plants on the land you're constructing on.
● Structure demolition. If there are any old buildings on your property, it's important that your land clearing service employs a professional demolition crew to safely remove the structure. Buildings require a special crew to remove because there may be sewer, electrical lines, water pipes, and other special structural features that need to be shut down before they are removed.
Here at Victory Gardens, Inc., we’re here for you and your land. Whether you’re seeking land clearing services to clear that lot and make room for improvements, or you’re looking for bulk mulch to either use or sell to your customers, you can rely on us. To learn more about land clearing services you may need before a construction project, give us a call at 215-395-9725.
Summer might be over, but that doesn't mean that gardening comes to an end. Putting a garden to sleep the right way in the fall will make it much easier to wake up in the spring. It’s also better for the overall health of the garden, too. At Victory Gardens, Inc., we work hard to make sure that all of our residential and commercial gardeners have exactly what they need for fall gardening. The following three tips will help you prepare your soil for the upcoming fall and winter seasons.
1. Clean up and compost.
Unprotected gardens are subject to the harsh elements. Why not take the time to cover your garden beds and let them sleep safe and sound under the soil? The first step in the process is to clean up any dead plant material and debris that might have settled on the top layer of your garden. Take this debris and turn it into a compost pile. If you aren’t quite prepared to make a compost pile, you can still shred the plant material and press it close to the soil. This will help facilitate the decomposition process.
2. Plant cover crops.
By planting cover crops, you give your garden a chance to thrive because cover crops keep soil microbes alive and they also rejuvenate your garden at the next planting time. Some simple cover crops include cereal rye and hairy vetch. Cover crops benefit your garden by suppressing weeds and even reducing soil erosion. If you are thinking about planting a cover crop this fall and you need a supplier for garden soil in Warrington, Pennsylvania, then stop in and chat with someone from Victory Gardens, Inc. We can help you with all of your fall preparation needs.
3. Allow some plants to remain.
Many vegetables, like kale, Brussels sprouts, radishes and cauliflower will do fine if they are left alone at the need of the summer gardening season. These vegetables, interestingly enough, act as lures for pests. This means that when spring hits again, these veggies will release cyanide compounds that deter wireworms. Leaving a few stalks behind is also good for attracting birds which will make a bleak winter landscape look much more lively. If you still have questions about how to get going for the fall season, or if you need to find a reliable source for wholesale mulch supply in Pennsylvania, then stop into Victory Gardens, Inc. We love to help our customers find just what they need for each season. Call us today at 215-395-9725.
Hot, dry, rainy, humid; the summer brings all types of potent weather elements with it. And while you might be either sweating to death or trying to dodge the rain (or doing both within the past hour), don’t let your garden suffer from the harsh summer weather. There are certain steps you can take to protect your garden from that super-hot, ultra-bright sunlight as well as those bursts of thunderstorms. Here at Victory Gardens, Inc., we don’t only provide land clearing services in New Jersey, but we also provide goods to keep your garden fresh. That’s why we’re called Victory Gardens! Here’s how to protect your garden from harsh weather this summer season:
● Keep an eye on the weather forecast - Keeping an eye on the weather forecast is so simple these days. Whether you have a TV, smartphone, newspaper, or any kind of internet connection, you have the weather forecast right at your fingertips. This way, you’ll see what the next steps you need to take, whether a drought is coming or a wave of thunderstorms is coming.
● Determine when and how to use water - If you’re currently going through a drought or you hear a drought is coming, it’s time to use your sprinklers. If there’s no drought in sight and it’s supposed to rain every day for the next week, turn your sprinklers off. If you have limited access to water, and you know you’re going to need to keep your soil moist in some way, consider buying and using mulch. Mulch keeps your garden moisturized for a while even when it’s hot, dry, and sunny.
● Give them some shade when they need it - We all know that plants need sunlight and water in order to grow, but what if they’re getting too much? If it’s been sunny and bright for a few weeks, you should think about providing them with some shade now and then to give them a break from the harsh sunlight. To do that, you can use anything from an umbrella to an old sheet.
If you first need some land clearing services in Monmouth County, NJ, and other local areas before you can even start building a garden, contact us! To learn more about protecting your garden this summer, give us a call at 215-395-9725.
If you need to remove lots of weeds, rusted metal, shrubbery, trees, and other miscellaneous hazards from a plot of land, there’s no better choice when it comes to getting the job done effectively and affordably than land clearing. Services providing land clearing in Monmouth County NJ have been gaining popularity with both rental property companies and consumers looking to design their own home, starting with an empty plot of land.
Land clearing is also useful for residential properties, and local customers are now turning to land clearing in New Jersey to help prepare their homes for a new pool or trampoline installation. Land clearing is also often used in response to natural disasters like hurricanes or tornados. But what is land clearing exactly, and how do you know that the company you are hiring is trustworthy?
Land clearing is the process of removing excess material, especially foliage, from a property. This can be difficult to accomplish without professional equipment because most lots include material that is too heavy for the average person to remove (like a solid tree stump) or hazardous to be touched (like a rotting log, which may carry spores that cause disease). This is done through the use of construction-grade equipment, which allows materials to be properly disposed of by professionals. Land clearing experts will start by removing the largest obstructions, then will go over the land by “grubbing,” a process that uses a long rake to clear the soil of any remaining stubborn roots stuck in the ground. The best services also provide demolition of any old or undesirable buildings, and most will provide removal services for the debris post-clearing.
If you’re looking for an expert to provide land clearing, being a smart consumer is the best thing you can do to save yourself both time and money. Remember to protect your safety by hiring professionals who are licensed and qualified.
At Victory Gardens, Inc., we take pride in being one of the top land clearing companies in Southeastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey. To learn more about clearing that patch of land, contact us at 215-395-9725.
Do you want to know what separates a good gardener from a great gardener?
A good gardener will just feed his or her plants, while a great gardener will feed the soil. Some people compare feeding just the plant to giving the plant battery life because it has a limited amount of power before it runs out, while they compare feeding the soil to using hydroelectric power because it continually uses the forces of nature to keep going. Great gardeners understand that feeding soil will also feed the plant to make it live longer, which makes it easier in the end for everyone (and everything) involved.
At Victory Gardens, Inc., we’re a land clearing company in Montgomery County, PA, and other local areas. We’re all about soil, soil mixes, soil amendments, and more, and we’d like to help you prepare your garden’s soil for the winter, so it’ll be much easier for you next spring.
1. Use one of high-quality soil products - At Victory Gardens, Inc. we sell a variety of high-quality soil products including screened and unscreened topsoil, structural fill and clean fill, PennDOT approved topsoils, mushroom soil, leaf compost, rain garden mix, and more. All of our soil products, compost products, and soil blends are periodically tested and based on project guidelines.
2. Remove weeds after the first frost - Waiting to remove weeds after the first frost can help you reduce the amount of labor you have to do. We also suggest you till under any leaves or annuals because they’ll serve as organic matter and help enrich the soil. You can place the weeds into a compost pile to be removed or recycled.
3. Spread the soil mixes or amendments over the area and till it - We have plenty of great soil products to protect your garden over the winter. Use them, and your garden will be ready to go in the spring.
We hope you use this guide to prepare your garden’s soil for the winter. If you take proper care of the soil, your garden will practically take care of itself, and you’ll also be known as a Great Gardener. To learn more about our different types of soil products, as well as our land clearing services in Monmouth County, NJ, and the surrounding areas, contact us at 215-395-9725.
Step 1 - Buy firewood from us at Victory Gardens, Inc.
Step 2 - Build a roaring fire in your home to save money on heating costs!
At Victory Gardens, Inc., we’re a land clearing company located in Bucks County, PA, that also serves the neighboring counties. We are one of, if not THE, largest manufacturer and supplier of bulk mulch and topsoil in Doylestown, PA, and other local areas. We also have a ton of top-quality firewood that’s just waiting for you. Our firewood has no pine or poplar in it; it consists primarily of ash, oak, maple, hickory, cherry, and other types of wood.
If you have an indoor fireplace, now is the time to use it. The weather is getting colder, and fall and winter are the perfect seasons for indoor fires. Using your fireplace during the cold months will help save you money on your heating and oil costs. Many people also use it for aesthetics and to provide a pleasant atmosphere during the holiday season. Remember always to think about safety first, though.
Who doesn’t like to sit next to a warm, cozy fire? Just think about it. A couple of months from now, the winter and freezing temperatures will be here, and people will be wanting to curl up next to their fireplace. At Victory Gardens Inc., we have the perfect type of firewood designed to last them through the winter months keeping them warm and their heating costs lower in the process. When someone looks outside and sees the snow coming down, instead of turning up the thermostat and increasing their heating and oil bill, all they’ll have to do is throw a few logs on the fire and light them up.
At Victory Gardens, we have the best firewood to ensure anyone with an indoor fireplace can have beautiful, crackling fires this year. Just about anyone can increase the aesthetic quality of their home by using our wood for their fireplace this winter. To learn more about our high-quality firewood, contact us at 215-395-9725 or visit our website at http://victorygardensinc.com/.
If you’ve ever been through a storm, then you probably know how damaging they can be. Sure, almost everyone likes a good storm now and then, but sometimes they can be destructive and require a ton of clean up. If you’re a landowner with the potential of having an enormous clean up after a storm or other natural disaster, you can benefit from our services at Victory Gardens Inc.
Maybe the storm has already happened, and you’re wondering how you’re going to clear out all those trees, rocks, branches and other debris. If you are, have no fear, because we’re at your service. Along with providing mulch and topsoil in Bucks County, PA, and the surrounding areas, we also provide disaster relief after storms.
How do you clean up after a storm?
After a storm, the biggest recovery task involves the removal of debris, including fallen trees, branches and other items that are now just taking up space.
The best and most efficient way to clean up would be to contact us at Victory Gardens Inc. We’re a fully licensed and insured company that has been providing relief from disasters for over 20 years. If you feel that the cleanup after the storm is too much for you to handle, our land clearing services in Bucks County, PA, and other local areas, will help get you back on track.
We don’t favor one area over the other. Whether you need a small job done in a residential area or a large job done at a commercial location, we’re fully equipped and ready to handle it. We provide disaster relief on local, state and even federal (FEMA) levels.
Take charge of your land
It’s wise to respect Mother Nature, but that doesn’t mean you have to fear her. Take care of your land by cleaning up after a storm and keeping it in tip-top shape. At Victory Gardens Inc., we'll help you take care of your land after a storm and ensure your needs are promptly met. We’ll work with township managers, project owners, private customers and more to make sure your property is brought back to its pre-storm condition.
To learn more about our disaster relief services, contact us at 215-395-9725.
Is your piece of land clogged with tree stumps and other types of debris? Is it preventing you from making your land what you really want it to be? If so, you may need on-site grinding and removal services. At Victory Gardens Inc., we can help you clear your space so that you can use your land for anything you need. What you use it for is your business, whether that means building a new location for your company or turning it into your own personal amusement park.
Most people don’t have much use for a piece of land that’s filled with tree stumps and waste. This is where on-site grinding and removal services come in. At Victory Gardens Inc., we not only manufacture and supply mulch and topsoil in Bucks County, PA, as well as the surrounding areas, but we also provide on-site grinding and removal services.
What are on-site grinding and removal services?
On-site grinding and removal services are basically used to make your land nicer and clearer. They can also help reduce operational costs that would be used for disposal and transportation. Grinding services minimize any bulky waste, including tree stumps, and make them easier to move. We have over 20 years of experience in the industry, and we’re confident that we can help you with any size job.
What can the equipment grind?
Our equipment can grind plenty of different objects and materials. We’ll do whatever it takes to make sure you have clear land at the end of the project. When it comes to professional mobile grinding services, our equipment can grind brush, leaves, pallets, yard waste and debris, and trees and tree stumps that are up to 45 inches in diameter. The objects that the equipment can’t grind include plastic, glass, tires, construction debris, and toxic, explosive, or flammable material.
If you have any of the material that can be ground using our equipment, and it’s too much to remove yourself, then you probably need a professional on-site grinding and removal service. At Victory Gardens Inc., we’d like to be that company. To learn more about our services, including land clearing in Bucks County, PA, and other local areas, contact us at 215-395-9725.
Clear the area folks, because Victory Gardens, Inc. is coming through! We wreck rocks and tear down trees and do everything else to make sure your lot is clean! We’ll even provide you with mulch and topsoil in Bucks County, PA, and the surrounding areas.
You can rely on us for the best lot clearing services in the land for homeowners. At Victory Gardens, Inc., we can turn any piece of land, like a pasture, wooded area, or anything else, into one that is beautiful and new. That’ll allow you to build anything you’d like on the property, like homes, barns, pools, or any other type of development.
Just think: with our lot clearing services, you can even turn a pasture filled with trees and rocks into a brand, new baseball field. Imagine hosting a game on a sunny, summer afternoon at your new field.
How do we clear the lot?
As a fully licensed and insured company, we will do everything in our power to make sure you end up with a clear and beautiful area. We understand that clearing a lot involves more than just removing an ugly, old tree; it involves the process of cutting down and hauling away trees, removing any brush or rocks in the way, and even eliminating any traces of old and decrepit buildings. This not only frees it up so you can do anything you want to it but also increases the property value of the area exponentially.
How will this help you?
Lot clearing for homeowners has almost endless benefits. Removing unwanted junk, shrubs, trees, rocks, debris, and more, allows you to do anything you’d like. Consider turning it into a backyard of fun for your kids, planting that flower garden or vegetable patch you’ve always wanted, or even an outdoor kitchen.
If you’re a homeowner with an ugly and overgrown piece of land, turn to us for a lot clearing service. We’ve been providing this service for over two decades and can ensure all of your needs are met on time. We also provide mulch and topsoil in Doylestown, PA, and other local areas. To learn more about our lot clearing services, contact us at 215-395-9725 or visit our website at http://victorygardensinc.com/.
In the left corner of the ring today we have - topsoil! And in the right corner of the ring, we have - mulch! Who will win, folks? Only time will tell!
Just kidding, topsoil and mulch aren’t going to duke it out. They both provide a plethora of benefits for your garden, and we aren’t going to see which one of the two is better. Victory Gardens Inc., a topsoil and mulch supplier in Bucks County, PA, and other local areas, is merely going to compare the two to find their similarities and differences, and see how they work hand in hand to give you the best and most beautiful garden possible.
Topsoil is exactly what it sounds like, it’s the soil at the top of the ground. It is the upper 15 to 30 centimeters of the soil. Topsoil is the most humus-rich portion of the soil, which is used to provide organic farms with productivity and fertility. If you're seeking a quality landscape, it is recommended you use quality topsoil as a foundation. It contains high concentrations of organic matter for the nourishment of plants. Victory Gardens Inc. offers screened topsoil to customers, which is considered better than unscreened. It is our best product for yard repairs, filling small holes, raising yard elevations, and growing grass.
Mulch is any material applied to the soil surface from bark to wood chips, or even sawdust and shredded yard waste. Whatever material you choose as mulch, once it is applied to the surface, it discourages weeds, provides shade, and reduces moisture loss that happens through evaporation. It also contains nutrients that are released into the soil and provides the plants with benefits so that they can live longer and healthier lives. Victory Gardens Inc. provides mulch delivery in Doylestown, PA, as well as the surrounding areas.
And the winner is...
Both of them! Okay, so that’s not the most exciting ending, but at least it’s a happy one. Topsoil and mulch both contribute their own benefits to ultimately give you a happy and healthy garden. To learn more about these two landscaping must-haves, contact Victory Gardens Inc. at 215-443-5665 or visit our website at http://victorygardensinc.com/.
It’s not duck season. It’s not wabbit season. It’s tomato season! Tomato season is that blissful time of the year between June and September when tomatoes are at their best for growing and picking. Whether you’re a tomato extraordinaire or a tomato amateur, now is the time to start growing this delicious, red fruit (not vegetable).
Tomatoes are a great addition to your garden because not only do they taste good, but they also provide you with many health benefits. Some of these benefits include preventing several types of cancer, maintaining strong bones and healthy skin, and being good for your heart, hair, kidneys, and eyes. Growing tomatoes in your own backyard is a fantastic way to receive these benefits. Here are five tips for growing delicious and healthy tomatoes:
1. Preheat your garden’s soil - Tomatoes need warm soil to grow properly, that’s why they thrive the most during the hot, summer months. A good way to preheat your garden’s soil is to cover it with black plastic a few weeks before you plant the seeds. This helps retain heat from the sunlight.
2. Bury the seeds deep - Tomato plants need to be buried deep to get the best results. By burying them deep, they develop strong roots all along their stems. And more roots mean stronger tomatoes.
3. Don’t crowd the seeds - Tomatoes will grow the best when they aren’t crowded with other seeds. Make sure the seeds are spread out far enough to give them plenty of room to branch out.
4. Mulch, but not too early - Mulch provides so many benefits for growing tomatoes. Wait about 3-5 weeks after planting and then use mulch to cover the soil. Victory Gardens can provide wholesale mulch supply in PA or can provide mulch delivery in Doylestown, PA, as well as other local areas.
5. Water them regularly - Although it may be obvious, tomatoes need to be watered regularly to thrive. They generally need about 1 inch of water per week, but they may need more if it’s hot or dry. You can ease up on the watering once they begin to ripen.
So bring along your green thumbs and grow your tomatoes like no tomato has ever been grown before! To learn more about growing tomatoes, contact Victory Gardens at 215-395-9725 or 1-800-TOP-SOIL.
I’m guessing you’re here because your garden is going wild, and not in a good way. The topsoil in your Doylestown, PA garden looks ugly, and there are weeds everywhere. Certain types of pests, some that are winged and some that go by the six or eight-legged variety, are conquering the land that you worked so hard to perfect. But never fear, mulch will come to the rescue and restore that beauty back into your life. Although it may come as a surprise to many, mulch can provide gardens with an almost limitless amount of benefits
Mulch is defined on Dictionary.com as a covering of straw, compost, or plastic sheeting, spread on the ground around plants to prevent excessive evaporation or erosion, enrich the soil and inhibit weed growth. More simply put, mulch is the dirt that makes your garden grow and look pretty. Here are the five benefits and reasons of how mulch can do so:
1. Controls weeds and pests -Mulch blocks the sunlight and acts as a barrier so that weeds find it much harder to grow. Most mulch also contains certain oils and fragrances that act as insect repellant to reduce and even eliminate pests from your garden.
2. Retains moisture - Mulch holds the moisture in the soil and prevents precipitation from taking too much water out of it. This prevents the good plants from drying out quickly.
3. Prevents soil from eroding - Just as mulch holds moisture in the soil, it also protects the soil and keeps rain water from washing it away. It breaks the fall of the water and lessens the impact of the rain against the soil.
4. Controls the soil nutrients - Mulch will keep soil nutrients from being washed away by the rain but will also help release nutrients into the soil if you are using an organic material.
5. Builds a home for earthworms - Earthworms will begin to move in and occupy the soil. Although it may be hard for you to believe, this actually improves soil structure and nutrient cycling.
This is how mulch will become your garden superhero and save the day. If you’d like to learn more about the benefits of mulch or schedule a mulch delivery in Doylestown, PA, please contact 1-800-TOP-SOIL.
Looking for something to supercharge your garden soil? Mushroom compost might be your best bet. Despite its slightly misleading name, mushroom compost isn’t comprised of fungi. Instead, it’s an inexpensive byproduct of the mushroom-growing process. Growers use organic materials like straw, peat, gypsum, manure, corn cobs, poultry and other organic materials to create a nutrient-rich compost that, when used correctly, can greatly improve growing conditions in your garden. At Victory Gardens Inc., we combine mushroom compost and soil with organics to create our best-selling mushroom soil mix. Whether you’re using our mix or creating your own, read this first to learn more about how to use this gardening secret.
Mushroom compost, as we mentioned above, is made up of different organic ingredients that, when combined, create a nutrient-rich mix. It’s best for raising beds, creating new beds and amending existing soil, and it supports the growth of most plants, including fruits, herbs, flowers and vegetables. Vegetables in particular love mushroom compost since it has an alkaline pH, which creates especially favorable growing conditions for veggies that are members of the brassicas family, such as broccoli and kale.
Aside from its high nutrient content and fertilizing properties, mushroom compost also improves the structure of the soil. The lightweight mix of soil and mushroom compost is ideal for faster and longer root growth and also inhibits the growth of weeds. Mushroom compost also aids in both water drainage during rainy periods and retention during dry spells. Finally, its rich, dark appearance is undeniably appealing to passersby, giving your flower beds a look that you’ll be proud of as a gardener.
A word to the wise: While mushroom compost produces wonderful results with most plants, it has a high salt content, which can be detrimental for some plants. Avoid using mushroom compost if you’re trying to grow rhododendrons, azaleas, camellias and heathers, since these plants are salt-sensitive. In addition, plants like the ones just mentioned are averse to chalk, which mushroom compost contains high amounts of. If the soil that you’re growing in is already alkaline or chalky, it’s best to avoid mushroom compost. For alternative suggestions, you can call Victory Gardens Inc. at 1-800-TOP-SOIL.